Dealogic is the market leader in providing solutions to Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Sales, Trading & Research and Institutional Investors.
Our mission is to enable the global capital markets to operate in the most effective and impactful way.
We do this by connecting investment banks and the buyside via our innovative and market leading solution, which integrates content, analytics and technology. Our platform is used by the world’s leading financial institutions.
Our people are smart, dedicated and passionate about what they do. Our organization values of leadership, personal responsibility, connectedness and innovation make Dealogic a unique place to work.
The Dealaxis architecture team are accountable for the technical design of the platform distribution components. Technical Architects are part of agile delivery teams.
Architecture team: Senior Technical Architect, Development Manager
The Technical Architect provides technical leadership to the agile development team. They are accountable for the technical design and modelling of solutions ensuring the design is maintainable, extendable and in-line with standards. The architect contributes to the technical roadmap for the product and communicates this to the development team. The architect facilitates workshops with the development team to design solutions, break them down and highlight their dependencies. During implementation the architect is hands-on writing code, while also doing code reviews, mentoring and providing guidance to team members. The work will encompass our full .net, n-tier, service oriented architecture. The architect is responsible for a technical area across the product set and collaborates with others in the company to form standards, best practices and roadmaps for the area. The architect will mentor other architects; He/she is expected to be pro-active and a strong voice in the architecture team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather the architecturally significant requirements for our global product suite, focusing on what is expensive to change
- Facilitate workshops to create high level architectural designs and estimate the work involved in delivering the solution, while encouraging other team members to take responsibility for detailed designs.
- Focus on early value delivery to clients, helping to break features down into deliverable chunks; make decisions with imperfect data
- Work with the development team during iteration planning to break down solutions and to estimate effort
- Document architectural solutions as part of the iteration work
- Ensure the quality of service requirements are considered and implemented by the team
- Actively promote technical items to product managers for inclusion in their release backlog
Planning, Organising and delivery
- Ensure work is planned in conjunction with other team members, sharing knowledge and best practice
- Work with business analysts, developers, product managers and testers to design and review new features
- The architect is part of the agile delivery team and contributes to the accomplishment of iteration goals, including delivering production code
Area ownership & architecture vision
- Responsible for a technical area; form standards/best practices, roadmaps
- Implement proofs of concept and prototypes for the owned area
- Liaise with stakeholders to promote area work and include it in the release backlog
- Communicate the vision and roadmap to the team, drive implementation of agreed changes.
- Support the Head of Architecture in creating a vision of the future architecture for the system.
- Ensure architecture is designed to be maintainable and easily extendable to meet future requirements; ensure code is in line with standards and best practices
- Ensure team implements and maintains automated tests to allow frequent refactoring
Initiative, Innovation & Change
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging trends in related technology arenas that could influence new project, sharing with other teams in the company
- Continuously look for ways to improve effectiveness and productivity and provide innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Help to create a small set of key diagrams showing context, deployment and components for a system. This must be the reality not idealised reality! Shares ideas cross team and cross vertically at earliest opportunity
- Records motivations behind decisions
Coaching and Mentoring
- Coach and supports team members/other architects to develop their technical skills
Keeping in mind Dealogic core values both in the way you work and interact with others;
Leadership - Acts as a role model; Considers the wider picture and impact; willingness to Learn from others.
Connectedness - Works for the greater good; Understands what contributes to the organization’s success; Shares information, knowledge and expertise and Seeks to collaborate.
Personal - Responsibility Delivers on commitments; Keeps others informed; Shows a desire to do what it takes; Looks for ways to help and Demonstrates integrity.
Innovation - Adapts to new ways of working; Encourages others to share ideas; Thinks of new approaches and Learns from own/other’s mistakes.
Education/Qualification: Degree educated or equivalent in a technical related discipline
Languages: Excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels; good persuasion skills
- Inquisitive nature with experience of challenging other’s ways of thinking
- Comfortable working in a changing environment with the ability to adapt to ambiguous situations
- Collaborative approach and strong relationship building skills
- Delivery focused
- Excellent listening skills, to enable the understanding and dissemination of requirements from varied stakeholders
- Strong experience in architecting complex solutions
- Advanced experience in developing complex .net systems
- N-Tier Development experience
- Good OOA, OOD, DDD skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts to diverse audiences
- UI development experience
- Agile experience
- Strong UI experience, including server-side, client-side applications, Single Page Applications and frameworks such as Angular
Full Time position
Compensation will be Market Rate